- 3 pounds Mozzarella curd
- 1/4 -cup fresh basil chopped medium fine
- 1/4 -cup fresh parsley chopped medium fine
- Large sauce pot of boiling salted water
- Ice bath
- 2 cups sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 pound Proscuitto di Parma, juilenne
- Fresh milled black pepper to taste
- Mesclun mix as needed
- Vine ripened red tomato
- Golden tomato
- Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
Place curd in a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over the curd, just covering it. With heat proof rubber gloves, kneed the curd together until one smooth mass is formed. Remove from the water and place in a mixing bowl. Add the herbs and pepper and kneed together. Lay the mozzarella mix on a bench and roll out with rolling pin until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Spread a thin layer of pesto over all of the mozzarella and arrange the proscuitto evenly on top of the pesto. Tightly roll the mozzarella and cut off the ends. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours. Remove roulade from refrigerator, unwrap and slice to desired thickness. Place mesclun mix in center of a rather large plate. Slice red and golden tomato. Arrange mozzarella slices with tomatoes alternating mozzarella with different color tomato. Lightly drizzle vinaigrette on top and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.