- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, or more if you like it spicier
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 pounds extra-jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), shell left on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 loaf French bread
Heat the grill to high.
Place a few large cazuelas or a large high-sided saute pan on the grates of the grill. Add the butter, pepper, salt, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire and thyme and cook until the butter has melted and the mixture begins to simmer.
While the butter mixture is melting, toss the shrimp with the oil and place on the grill in an even layer. Grill for 20 to 30 seconds per side then transfer to the butter mixture, stir to combine and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
While shrimp is cooking, split bread in half, sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper, and place on grill, cut side down, for 1 to 2 minutes until toasted.
Serve shrimp with the grilled bread.