- Fish filling and citrus topping:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (net) cleaned squid and cut into 1/4inch rounds
- 1 peeled clove garlic, passed through a press
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Tequila or fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup black olives
- Salt and dried red pepper flakes
- Mesclun, arugula or watercress salad dressed with cumin vinaigrette citrus salsa, optional: 1 red grapefruit or 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into supremes mixed with 1/4 cup finely minced red onion and a little bit of olive oil to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet. When hot add the squid and garlic and saute for 1 1/2 minutes only, stirring continuously, until the squid rings turn opaque. Add the tequila and cook for 30 seconds or until evaporated. Remove from heat and add black olives. Season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper. Set some dressed salad in a heated taco and fill with squid.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.