- Fish filling and citrus topping:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (net) cleaned squid and cut into 1/4inch rounds
- 1 peeled clove garlic, passed through a press
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Tequila or fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup black olives
- Salt and dried red pepper flakes
- Mesclun, arugula or watercress salad dressed with cumin vinaigrette citrus salsa, optional: 1 red grapefruit or 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into supremes mixed with 1/4 cup finely minced red onion and a little bit of olive oil to taste
- Kid filling and topping:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces ground chuck beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 4 to 6 tablespoons prepared tomato sauce, ketchup or barbecue sauce
- Sour cream and chopped fresh tomatoes for topping
DirectionsFish filling and citrus topping:
Heat the oil in a skillet. When hot add the squid and garlic and saute for 1 1/2 minutes only, stirring continuously, until the squid rings turn opaque. Add the tequila and cook for 30 seconds or until evaporated. Remove from heat and add black olives. Season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper. Set some dressed salad in a heated taco and fill with squid.
(To make cumin salad dressing, mix 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin in your favorite dressing or in a mustard vinaigrette.) You can top this with the citrus salsa if you wish.Kid filling and topping:
In a skillet heat the oil. When hot add the ground chuck and saute, stirring continuously until the meat is no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Add dried oregano, chili powder and corn kernels. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup or barbecue sauce and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt. Spoon in the center of the tacos and top with sour cream and chopped tomatoes if the kids like it.
Yield: 2 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.