Mung Bean Thread Salad
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove pickled garlic, minced
- 1 chile, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mung bean (cellophane) noodles, soaked in hot water, drained
- 1/2 pound prawns, boiled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus light green leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp, crisp fried and cooled
- Green lettuce, leaves washed
- Cilantro leaves
Place the cilantro, garlic and chile in a mortar and grind to a paste, or use a blender. Transfer this mixture to a saucepan, and add the vinegar, sugar and salt. Heat to a boil, remove from the heat and cool. Set aside.
Cut the soaked noodles into 3-inch lengths. Mix the noodles, prawns, onions and celery together in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss gently to coat. Add the tomato, and shrimps and gently toss again.
Serve on lettuce leaves with cilantro leaves garnishing the top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.