- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove pickled garlic, minced
- 1 chile, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mung bean (cellophane) noodles, soaked in hot water, drained
- 1/2 pound prawns, boiled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus light green leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp, crisp fried and cooled
- Green lettuce, leaves washed
- Cilantro leaves
Place the cilantro, garlic and chile in a mortar and grind to a paste, or use a blender. Transfer this mixture to a saucepan, and add the vinegar, sugar and salt. Heat to a boil, remove from the heat and cool. Set aside.
Cut the soaked noodles into 3-inch lengths. Mix the noodles, prawns, onions and celery together in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss gently to coat. Add the tomato, and shrimps and gently toss again.
Serve on lettuce leaves with cilantro leaves garnishing the top.