- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shiitakes, chanterelles or portobellos (or a combination), sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups grated Jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups roasted vegetable sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet add mushrooms and saute them until they start to shrink, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, oregano, coriander and saute for another 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in cheese, mix well. Heat remaining oil in a cleaned skillet. When oil is hot dip each tortilla in turn and fry for 10 to 15 seconds on each side or until softened. Remove to paper towels to drain. Divide the stuffing evenly among the tortillas, roll them up and place in a lightly oiled baking pan. Pour the roasted vegetable sauce over all and bake for 10 minutes or until the sauce bubbles. Remove from oven, top with chopped cilantro and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.