Mustard Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Mostarda de Frutti Mista, for serving, recipe follows
- Mostarda di Frutta Mista:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 pinch chili flake
- 1 Serrano pepper, chopped
- 3 pears, peeled and diced
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 3/4 cups Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, toast the mustard seeds until fragrant. Using a mortar and pestle lightly crush the mustard seeds. In a small bowl combine the mustard seeds and the panko.
3. Using 2 tablespoons of the olive oil rub the pork and season on all sides with gray salt and pepper, to taste, and roll in the panko mustard seed mixture to coat the tenderloins all over.
4. In a large saute pan heat the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking, add tenderloins to pan and sear on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Move pan with pork to the oven and cook until a meat thermometer reads 155 degrees F, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove pork from the pan and let rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. Slice the tenderloins against the grain on a diagonal bias, fan out on a plate, and serve with the Mostarda di Frutta.Mostarda di Frutta Mista:
In a large heavy bottomed pot, over high heat, add the sugar, water and juice of half a lemon and cook until a medium-dark caramel is achieved. Add shallots and the chilies to the caramel. Immediately add all of the fruit, wine, and bay leaf. Cook gently until the fruits are tender and remove from heat. Add the Dijon when the fruits have just been removed from the heat, taste for salt. Let cool to room temperature. Store refrigerated in a covered container or in individual canning jars.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.