Mustard Seed Potato Salad
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes (you can also use red bliss or other heirloom potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (1 head rubbed with olive oil then baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped herbs (parsley, tarragon, and thyme)
- 2 bunches watercress
Clean and slice potatoes into bite sized rounds and boil until fork tender. Squeeze out the pulp from the head of garlic. Make vinaigrette by whisking garlic, mustard and vinegar in a bowl and then slowly whisking in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add mustard seeds at the end. While potatoes are still warm and drained, toss with vinaigrette. Just before serving add onions, herbs and watercress.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.