Sponsor recipe courtesy of Johnsonville®
While chili snobs will argue over what true chili really is, you'll be enjoying this amazing recipe that brings together many well-loved[ (if hotly debated) chili ingredients. The Johnsonville Italian Sausage gives the dish an extra boost of flavor and heat that will make all chili fans want more.]
- 2 packages (19 ounces, each) Johnsonville Hot or Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or 1-½ cups beef stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -½ cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned.
2. Add onions and garlic; continue to cook and stir until tender.
3. Stir in beer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.