- 2 (2 1/2 pound) whole snapper (or opakapaka or Thai sea bream)
- 1/4 cup sea urchin
- 2 ounces ginger juice
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 2 ounces yuzu juice
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces truffle oil
- 1 ounce rayu (spicy sesame oil)
- 1 fresh truffle, julienne (optional)
- Japanese herbs (beni tate, baby shiso, baby negi)
- 2 ounces scallion oil, recipe follows
Bone snapper and slice the fish fillets into thin sashimi slices and arrange flat on a plate. Puree sea urchin with a hand blender or a small bar blender.
With a tablespoon, pour the following liquids around and over the sashimi; ginger juice, soy sauce, yuzu juice, lemon juice, truffle oil, sea urchin, and spicy sesame oil. Garnish with fresh truffles, Japanese herbs, and droplets of scallion oil.
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice