- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups low-fat spicy pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced on an angle
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- Guacamole (recipe follows)
- Juice of lime wedge
- Sprig of cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut each tortilla into 10 wedges. Spread wedges evenly on sheet pans and bake until nicely crisped, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside. Arrange chips on an ovenproof platter. Top the chips with black beans and jack cheese and place in the oven until cheese is completely melted, approximately 8 minutes.
Remove chips from oven and top with taco seasoning, tomatoes, green onion, guacamole and Greek yogurt or light sour cream.
Squeeze a wedge of lime over top and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/4 onion
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Place all ingredients for guacamole in a food processor. Process on high until smooth. Season with salt.
Per Serving: Calories: 378; Total Fat 9 grams; Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams; Protein: 26 grams; Total carbohydrates: 44 grams; Sugar: 7 grams; Fiber: 11 grams; Cholesterol: 12 milligrams; Sodium: 934 milligrams