- 1 dozen hot chilies
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seeds
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8 tortillas cut into quarters
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomato, quarters
- 1 cup chili con carne
In an ovenproof dish, layer chips, cheese, tomatoes, chili con carne. Broil about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and chopped onions (optional).