Nachos with Pico de Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatoes, small diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound bag blue corn chips
- 1 pound bag white corn chips
- 2 cups shredded jalapeno Munster cheese
- 2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar
- 1 large Maui sweet onion
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
DirectionsPico de gallo:
Place the tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in a serving bowl and combine well. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Make a boat out of tin foil, add the corn chips sprinkle with cheese. Slice Maui onion thinly, brush with oil and place on the grill. Sprinkle chips with tomatoes and Anaheim pepper, cover with a foil tent and place on grill until cheese is melted. Remove chips from the grill. Transfer the grilled onions to a cutting board and dice. Sprinkle onions over chips and garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve with pico de gallo.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Michael Haye