Nana's Potato Salad
- My nana used to make this in the summertime and we would eat it while it was still warm; it is one of my favorite recipes.
- About 5 large potatoes; peeled, cubed and boiled
- one medium onion, chopped
- one stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- about 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- about 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the peeled and cubed potatoes until fork tender. While the potatoes boil, sweat the onions and the celery in butter until soft and translucent; do not brown. Drain potatoes. While still warm, add the ingredients slowly, being sure not to mash the potatoes. Mix thoroughly. Serve warm or cold.
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.