Nana's Quahog Chowder
- Olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, chopped small
- 2 medium onions, chopped small
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 quarts and 1/2 cup water
- 3 small cans (4-ounce) tomato sauce
- 12 quahogs chopped, juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons oregano, parsley and basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Put enough oil to cover bottom of large pan over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook for 10 minutes stirring often. Add potatoes and continue to stir so it will not stick to pan. Add 1 quart of water and tomato sauce. Add another 1 quart and 1/2 cup of water. Add seasoning, continue to cook another 1/2 hour or until potatoes are cooked. Add quahogs with the juice. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Bethany Mascena