Braised Kale and Tomatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches curly kale, cleaned well, center stems removed, and torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole peeled tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, stir in the onions and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Toss in the red pepper, garlic, kale and some salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and stir to combine, then add the chicken stock. Turn the heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook until the kale is silky and tender, about 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller