Grilled S and P Crusted Rib Eye
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for marinating
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more for marinating
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Two 1-pound rib eye steaks (1 1/2-inches thick)
Pour the olive oil in a large plastic resealable bag and add in the rosemary, thyme, pinch salt, pinch pepper, the red pepper flakes and garlic. Add the steak to the bag and flip so the steaks are coated with the marinade. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat one side of the grill to medium-high heat and the other side of the grill to medium-low heat. Let the steaks come up to room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
Let the excess marinade drip off the steaks and sprinkle the steaks generously on both sides with the salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the hotter side of the grill and sear on each side until nicely browned, about 3 minutes per side. Move the steaks to the cooler side of the grill and continue cooking until a meat thermometer reaches 120 degrees F, another 3 minutes per side. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, the temperature will rise to 125 degrees, for medium rare. If you prefer a medium steak, cook until the temperature reaches 130 degrees, and after resting it should rise to 135 degrees.
Slice and serve the steaks.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay