Ice Cream Sundae with Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Cookies 'n' Cream Crumbs, for sprinkling, recipe follows
- Caramel Sauce, for drizzling, recipe follows
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Cookies 'n' Cream Crumbs:
- 1 package (36 cookies) chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch kosher salt
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Spoon two large scoops of ice cream into each of four dessert bowls. Divide the chopped peanuts between the bowls; then sprinkle each with some cookie crumbs, drizzle with some caramel sauce, and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve.Cookies 'n' Cream Crumbs:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse to coarse crumbs. Spread the crumbs out evenly on a baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Use crumbs as an ice cream topping, for crunch.
Yield: 3 cupsCaramel Sauce:
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller