Nantucket Bay Scallops in Tequila, Citrus, and Chile Dressing
- 2 3/4 pounds Nantucket Bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- 8 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Scallop shells
- Fleur de Sel (sea salt)
- Lime wedges
Clean the scallops by removing the tough small muscles on the side, and reserve the scallops in the refrigerator until needed, preferably on ice.
Make the marinade by combining all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. If you are making this in advance, do not add the green herbs, or they will discolor. Add them when you add the scallops.
Marinate the scallops in the refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes before serving.
To serve, fill each glass or bowl with ice. Place the shells on top of the ice and fill with the scallops and dressing. Garnish with seaweed and lime wedges. Just before serving sprinkle some sea salt over the scallops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.