- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds blackberries and loganberries (any other berries will do)
- 1/2 pound peeled, thinly sliced nectarines
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Prepare the topping: In a food processor, pulse the flour and butter until the texture of coarse cornmeal. Remove to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients until mixed. (This can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 6 months.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10 by 8-inch casserole dish.
Prepare fruit filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. To assemble: Place the fruit filling in the buttered dish. Cover the filling with a 3/4-inch layer (or more) of the topping.
Bake until bubbling and the fruit in the middle is tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm for best flavor. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.