- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 3/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 3 ounces ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
Soak the red onion in a bowl of salted cold water, 10 to 15 minutes; drain, rinse and pat dry. Meanwhile, bring the vinegar and honey to a simmer in a small skillet over medium-high heat; cook until slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely. (The syrup will thicken as it cools.) Transfer to a bowl and gradually whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and arrange on a platter with the nectarines, arugula and onion. Top with the ricotta salata. Drizzle with the vinegar mixture and more olive oil; toss gently.
Photograph by Anna Williams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.