Neelys BBQ Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Neelys Barbecue Seasoning, recipe follows
- 6 ounces chopped pork, beef or chicken
- 4 ounces Neelys Barbecue Sauce, recipe follows
- 4 ounces nacho cheese, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced jalapenos, drained
- Neelys Barbeque Seasoning:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
- Neelys Barbeque Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Mound tortilla chips in a pile on a platter. Sprinkle with Neelys Seasoning.
Spread chopped pork, beef or chicken on top of chips. Sprinkle with seasoning again and pour the Neelys Barbeque Sauce onto meat. Top with the melted nacho cheese.
Lightly sprinkle more Neely's Barbeque Seasoning onto cheese. Top with jalapenos for additional spice.Neelys Barbeque Seasoning:
Mix all ingredients together.Neelys Barbeque Sauce:
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently every 15 minutes, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.