- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Neelys BBQ Seasoning
- 6 ounces chopped pork, beef or chicken
- 4 ounces Neely BBQ Sauce, warm, recipe follows
- 4 ounces nacho cheese, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced jalapenos, drained
Mound tortilla chips in a pile on a platter. Sprinkle with Neelys BBQ Seasoning, to taste. Spread chopped pork, beef or chicken on top of chips. Sprinkle with seasoning again and pour the Neelys Barbeque Sauce onto meat. Top with melted nacho cheese.
Lightly sprinkle more Neelys BBQ Seasoning onto cheese. Add jalapenos to the nachos for additional spice.
Neelys BBQ Seasoning
- 4 ounces paprika
- 2 ounces white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Neelys BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 hours.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups