- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- 4 catfish filets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons thyme
- Cajun Remoulade, recipe follows
Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium high with peanut oil.
Mix dry ingredients together. Cover both sides of catfish with the seasoning mix and place in skillet.
Cook on one side for 4 minutes and turn when cooked halfway through. Cook for another 4 minutes on the other side. Remove from pan and serve with Cajun remoulade.
- 2 tablespoon chopped Gherkin pickles
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Mix all ingredients together well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.