New Caesar-Style Salad
Recipe Courtesy of �Curtis Akins
- Total Time:
- 32 min
- 20 min
- 12 min
- 4 to 5 side-dish servings
- 3 1/2 -inch thick slices French bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 clove Frieda's Elephant Garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Limestone lettuce, washed and dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, washed and dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle bread cubes on baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive or vegetable oil, anchovy paste, elephant garlic and pepper. Remove toasted bread from oven and place in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture over croutons and toss to coat.
In a salad bowl, toss together limestone and romaine lettuces. Add croutons, remaining dressing and Parmesan cheese. Toss well and serve.
TIP: HANDLING HOT PEPPERS
Use rubber gloves when handling hot peppers. The oil from the inside of the pepper can burn any part of the body that it comes in contact with, even your hands. Be especially careful of your eyes. Cleanse hands and gloves thoroughly.