New England Creamed Corn and Charred Lobster Chowder with Summer Truffles
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed from cob, juices and husk reserved for garnish
- 2 large Spanish onion, cut into brunoise
- 4 ribs celery, cut into brunoise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into brunoise
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters, split in half and viscera removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart white lobster stock, for blanching
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Fresh truffles, for garnish
Place creamed corn back on the stove until it simmers. Check seasoning.
In a saute pan place the picked meat and grill tails. Warm them with the lobster stock.
Spoon the creamed corn into bowls. Arrange haricots verts around the edge of the bowl. Each bowl receives 2 knuckles, 2 claws, and 1 tail. Shave fresh truffles to garnish each bowl and finish with chopped parsley.