Vietnamese Chicken and Mint Salad
- 1 Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce (nuoc nam or nam pla)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely sliced
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 7 to 8 ounces white cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded, julienned, or grated
- 7 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded, or cut into fine strips
- 1 bunch mint, plus extra for garnish, leaves roughly chopped
In a medium bowl, stirring with spoon, combine the chile, garlic, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, onion, and black pepper, set aside for 1/2 hour. In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot, chicken breast, and mint, tossing with tongs. Pour cabbage mixture over the dressing, tossing with tongs, slowly and patiently so everything is coated. Add salt, to taste. Serve on a flat plate with mint for garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.