No Bake Orange Cheesecake with Toasted Almonds
Recipe courtesy of Fisher® Nuts
"This is just my secret way of making an "orange" version of the flavors of Key Lime pie that I like so much. Surprisingly, the added structure[ of store bought orange juice (versus freshly squeezed) actually works better in this recipe. The almonds team up with the cookies to shape the flavor of the crust. This is an easy make-ahead dessert. Try it with lemon and walnuts for a twist on the same idea...." -Alex Guarnaschelli]
- 7 oz. butter cookies to make 1½ cups crumbs, about 32 round, thin flower shaped cookies
- 1 cup Fisher® Sliced Almonds, toasted, divided
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup store-bought orange juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 seedless navel orange
1. Crust: Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Finely chop ½ cup of the almonds, set aside. Put the cookies into a sealable plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl and mix in the chopped nuts, cinnamon and butter. Press the crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of the pan. Top the crust with 1/4 cup sliced almonds so that some are in the crust and some sitting on top of it. Refrigerate.
2. Filling: Sprinkle the gelatin over the orange juice in a small saucepan, let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat until gelatin is melted, set aside. Grate 1 tsp. zest from the orange and set aside. Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth 3-5 minutes in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat in condensed milk; scrape down the bowl after addition. When mixture is smooth, stir in melted gelatin and grated orange rind. Spoon the filling over the crust, tapping the sides of the pan to even the filling out. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
3. Peel the rind from the rest of the orange, place it on a cutting board and slice it into ¼-inch thick rounds. Top the cake with the orange rounds and remaining ¼ cup sliced almonds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.