- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 6 ounces pop rocks in strawberry, watermelon, or cherry, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
Combine the crushed graham crackers, butter, and 2 teaspoons sugar in bowl and mix until incorporated. Delicately fold 3 ounces of pop rocks into the mixture.
With a handheld mixer or in a standing mixer with whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream. While mixing slowly add in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, salt, lime juice, and cream cheese. Beat until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Remove the crust from the freezer. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust, level the top and freeze for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and sprinkle the remaining 3 ounces of pop rocks on top. Cut into small squares and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.