Noah's Kickin' Chicken Bake
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded packaged cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Spice, recipe follows
- 1 sheet frozen packaged puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except the puff pastry.
Cut puff pastry into 8 equal triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle with the pointed end facing out.
Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 1/2 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy Noah Meador
Recipe courtesy of Dzintra Dzenis
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine