Noah's Kickin' Chicken Bake
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded packaged cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Spice, recipe follows
- 1 sheet frozen packaged puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except the puff pastry.
Cut puff pastry into 8 equal triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle with the pointed end facing out.
Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 1/2 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy of Noah Meador
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller