Noodle Cake with Shrimp and Oyster Sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce, in all
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, in all
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked fresh wheat flour noodles, tossed in oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large saute pan, over high heat. Add the noodles to the wok, spreading them evenly to form a solid "pancake". Cook until golden, flip and place in the oven for about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a wok. Add the ginger and the shrimp. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the shrimp are just pink. Add the bok choy and toss until tender, about 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the broth, oyster sauce, remaining sugar and soy sauce, and the sesame oil. Add to the wok, stir, and bring to a boil. Remove the pancake from the oven and drain on a towel. Place on a large platter and top with the shrimp and vegetables. Garnish with green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.