Nopal Cactus with Prickly Pear Vinaigrette and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not[ tested this recipe in the proportions indicated, and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.]
- 2 nopal cactus paddles, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 3 teaspoons pumpkinseeds, toasted
- 2 ounces Prickly Pear Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 4 lime wedges
- Prickly Pear Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 30 raspberries
- 2 ounces prickly pear syrup
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- Salt and pepper
Place paddles over open grill and cook until just soft. Set aside.
Place oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add onions and saute until caramelized. Set aside.
Slice cactus paddles and arrange on plate. Place onions over the top and sprinkle with pumpkinseeds. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the cactus; squeeze lime over the top and set the lime wedges on the plate.Prickly Pear Vinaigrette:
Yield: 2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.