- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 (20-ounce)packages butternut squash chunks
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 cup sliced roasted, salted almonds
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the squash, coriander, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add the almond milk, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt. Divide among bowls and top with the almonds.