Oak Grilled Prime Rib Chop
- Basting Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons garlic olive or vegetable oil
- Seasoning Salt:
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 (25-ounce) prime rib chops
- Olive oil, for brushing grill
Preheat an outdoor grill preferably wood fired with oak wood to medium heat.
For the Basting Sauce, in a small bowl, stir together the vinegar and oil.
For the Seasoning Salt, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Brush both sides of the steaks with the basting sauce. Oil the grill and place steaks on the grill. Season the top side of each steak with the seasoning salt.
Turn the steaks before the heat pushes juices out the top (and continue to turn using this timing method throughout cooking). Baste and season after each turn, 4 times per side. Continue turning until the steaks are done to your liking. Enjoy!
Leftover seasoning salt can be kept tightly sealed for up to 1 month.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.