Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, peanut butter, maple syrup, canola oil, brown sugar, cinnamon. Stir and cook until mixture just begins to bubble, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, wheat germ, peanuts, apricots, figs and salt.
Pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture and stir gently with a spatula until well combined. Transfer to baking dish, cover with parchment paper and press firmly into dish. Allow to cool completely (will cool faster in the refrigerator). Cut into squares or bars.
Nutrition analysis per serving: Calories: 240; Total fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 1.5g; Carbohydrate: 30g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 70mg
Thank you! your flag was submitted.