- 3 1/2 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 1/2 cup golden or red raisins
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Italian Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and julienned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 medium poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, julienned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 pounds octopus, blanched, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
In small saucepan combine fish stock and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the raisins are plump and light gold in color, about 20 - 25 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over high heat. Saute the onion 3 to 5 minutes until translucent and limp. Add garlic and saute about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes with 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. In same skillet saute peppers in four batches, adding 2 tablespoons of oil for each batch. The peppers should remain crisp and colorful, like a stir-fry. Transfer each finished batch to a platter to cool. Then transfer to the bowl with raisins and stock. Add the tomato mixture (cooked vegetables can be refrigerated overnight if desired.) In same skillet, heat the remain 2 tablespoons oil over high heat until almost smoking. Sprinkle the cleaned octopus with salt and pepper. Saute octopus, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked vegetable mixture, oregano, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir and toss well to heat through and to combine the flavors.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.