Oi Moochim (Seasoned Cucumber)
- 1/2 cup distilled vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Dash of dashida (dried soup stock made from essence of seafood or beef)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gochuchang paste, plus more to taste, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 Korean or kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Gochuchang Paste (seasoned red pepper paste):
- 4 tablespoons gochuchang (available at Korean grocers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Whisk together the vinegar, soy, dashida, sugar, gochuchang, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the cucumber and onion and stir until combined. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and let marinate at least 1 hour before eating.Gochuchang Paste (seasoned red pepper paste):
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
Gochuchang (GOH-choo-jang) paste: spicy red pepper paste sold either in glass jars or plastic containers that can be purchased at any Korean or Asian food market.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.