I was born in North Carolina and lived in Georgia for a while. I love the vinegary N.C. clear sauce and the tomatoey, spiced Georgia sauce, so I combined them my way.
- 1 (14 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cider vinegar
- 4 ounces water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust with seasonings to your liking. Yum!