c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- I tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound small okra pods, topped and tailed
- 2 small heads Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- I red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, white pith removed and cut into fine julienne
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic. Drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly, until it is completely emulsified. Stir in the onion and Tabasco.
In a large saucepan, bring a generous amount of water to the boil. Plunge in the okra and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Toss in the okra and sear it, tossing frequently, for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large serving bowl and scatter the okra on top. Pour the dressing over, toss together and scatter the red pepper julienne on top.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Winter Salad with Toasted Mustard Seed Vinaigrette, Scallop Salad with Strawberries, Cucumber and Gorgonzola in Citrus-Dijon Vinaigrette, Valencian Salad (Ensalada Valenciana), Pork Loin Recipes, Short Ribs Recipes, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes