- 1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Old Fashioned Frosting, recipe follows
- Old-Fashioned Frosting:
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or other flavoring
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
Combine in a bowl both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined for about 3 minutes. Add in cubed butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. Slowly add milk and vanilla to batter until completely mixed scraping down the bowl as you mix.
Cool and decorate with Old Fashioned Frosting.Old-Fashioned Frosting:
*Cook's Note: Add more sugar to get this consistency.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Porter Cupcakes, Porter Ganache, Caramel Corn Crunch, Toasted Meringue, Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Pie Recipes, Angel Food Cake Recipes, Apple Fritter Recipes, Shortbread Cookie Recipes, Rum Cake Recipes, Bananas Foster Recipes