Olive and Chili Sauce
- About 8 ounces (225 grams) strong black olives, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- About 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the olives in a bowl, add the chile and garlic, cover with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
This sauce may also be made in a food processor. Briefly pulse-chop the olives, then add the chile and garlic, and again briefly pulse-chop. Avoid over-processing and ending up with a paste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chefs Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers at River Cafe in London