Olive and Oregano Compote for Fish
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 20 garlic cloves, slice paper-thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded if desired and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped capers
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 Italian Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch oregano, leaves only, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
Heat 1/2 cup of the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Saute' the onions and garlic with the salt until soft but not brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. The compote can be refrigerated overnight. Serve with roasted or grilled fish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.