Open Faced Cucumber Sandwiches
- 8 (3/8-inch) thick slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 bunch watercress, chopped
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought buttermilk dressing
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into thin rounds
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toast the bread for about 5 minutes then set aside to cool. Combine the watercress, buttermilk dressing and cream cheese in a food processor or blender and puree. Spread the toast with the cream cheese mixture. Shingle cucumbers on top of each slice of bread then cut the sandwiches into triangles. Arrange the sandwiches on 4 plates, garnish with red pepper and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of The Sagamore
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro