Open-Faced Steak Sandwich
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 24 ounces rib-eye, cut into bite-size cubes
- Butter, for bread
- French bread, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- Toppings: sliced mushrooms, sliced onions and provolone cheese
Combine the oregano, granulated garlic, kosher salt, parsley, basil, and vegetable oil together in a bowl. Add the rib-eye to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 18 hours.
Remove the rib-eye from the marinade and cook in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, to preferred doneness.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sam Doherty, owner of Sophias Restaurant in Buffalo, NY.