Open-Faced Steak Sandwich
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 24 ounces rib-eye, cut into bite-size cubes
- Butter, for bread
- French bread, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- Toppings: sliced mushrooms, sliced onions and provolone cheese
Combine the oregano, granulated garlic, kosher salt, parsley, basil, and vegetable oil together in a bowl. Add the rib-eye to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 18 hours.
Remove the rib-eye from the marinade and cook in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, to preferred doneness.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.