- 8 ounces ground skirt steak
- 4 jumbo hot dogs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 4 oversized hot dog buns, toasted
- 4 jumbo eggs, separated
- 1 jar peach preserves
- Ground chipotle chile pepper, for sprinkling
- 8 strips center-cut thick-sliced bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 ounces freshly shredded mild Cheddar
- 2 ounces freshly shredded gruyere
- 2 ounces freshly shredded pepper jack
Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef to a large nonstick medium pan. Cook until brown and crumbly, about 8 minutes.
Grill the hot dogs on all sides. Once cooked, remove from the grill and butterfly down the center.
While the beef and hot dogs are cooking, add the butter, basil, cilantro and sage to a hot skillet. Toast the buns on the grill pan with the hot dogs. Spread the melted herb butter on the buns before serving.
Fry the egg whites, one egg at a time, in a separate nonstick skillet. Transfer the egg whites to a plate once cooked and reserve.
To serve, spread some peach preserves on the toasted and buttered bun. Sprinkle to taste with the chipotle pepper. Add 1 egg white to the bottom of each bun and add some of the ground beef down the center. Top with the butterflied hot dog, a slice of bacon and a sprinkling of Cheddar, gruyere and pepper jack.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.