- 8 ounces ground skirt steak
- 4 jumbo hot dogs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 4 oversized hot dog buns, toasted
- 4 jumbo eggs, separated
- 1 jar peach preserves
- Ground chipotle chile pepper, for sprinkling
- 8 strips center-cut thick-sliced bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 ounces freshly shredded mild Cheddar
- 2 ounces freshly shredded gruyere
- 2 ounces freshly shredded pepper jack
Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef to a large nonstick medium pan. Cook until brown and crumbly, about 8 minutes.
While the beef and hot dogs are cooking, add the butter, basil, cilantro and sage to a hot skillet. Toast the buns on the grill pan with the hot dogs. Spread the melted herb butter on the buns before serving.
Fry the egg whites, one egg at a time, in a separate nonstick skillet. Transfer the egg whites to a plate once cooked and reserve.
To serve, spread some peach preserves on the toasted and buttered bun. Sprinkle to taste with the chipotle pepper. Add 1 egg white to the bottom of each bun and add some of the ground beef down the center. Top with the butterflied hot dog, a slice of bacon and a sprinkling of Cheddar, gruyere and pepper jack.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.