Orange Chicken Stir fry
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons favorite spices (garlic, ginger, onion powder, etc.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 orange, zested, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cut carrots
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cut peppers (chef's choice), green, red or yellow, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cut yellow squash
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cut zucchini
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cut bok choy
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped herbs
- Orange slices, for garnish
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Marinate with favorite spices and 1/2 cup olive oil overnight in the refrigerator. Set aside.
For sauce, stir together orange juice, cornstarch, sherry, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and orange zest. Set aside. Preheat wok and add 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, quickly moving it through the wok. Add broccoli, onions, carrots, peppers, squash and zucchini and cook until al dente. Add snow peas, mushrooms, baby corn, bok choy and do the same. Stir sauce; add to center of the wok. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir all ingredients and coat with sauce. Season, to taste. Serve immediately over rice and garnish with fresh herbs, orange zest or orange slices.
Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.