Organic Multigrain Loaf
- 3/4 cups (4.4 ounces) grain mix (equal parts cracked wheat, rye, oats, millet, flax seeds)
- Water to cover
- 2 cups (8.9 ounces) unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups (8.9 ounces) organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoons malt
- 1 1/4 cups (9.2 ounces) water
- 1/2 cup (1.8 ounces) sourdough levain
- 1/3 cake compressed yeast
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Soak grains in water overnight. Add flours, malt and 1 1/4 cups water. Let rest 10 to 20 minutes. Add sourdough levain and yeast. Handknead 15 to 18 minutes (or knead with machine for 12 to 14 minutes on slow speed.). Add salt in last 4 minutes of kneading. Let rise in greased bowl, covered with a damp towel for 3 hours at 78 degrees. Divide dough and form into different shapes. Bake in preheated 475 degree oven for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 425 degrees and bake for anther 40 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.