Oriental Green Vegetable Casserole
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, deribbed and cut into 2-inch strips
- 6 scallions, trimmed, whites cut into 3-inch lengths and greens cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 pound zucchini, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound snow peas, strung
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 thin slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Toss together all ingredients in a 1 quart casserole. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven at 100 percent for 6 minutes.
Remove from oven. Uncover and stir well once or twice before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Barbara Kafka