ORTEGA® Mexican Lasagna
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -½ lbs ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 oz) ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup water, divided
- 1 can (16 oz) ORTEGA® Refried Beans, any variety
- 2 cans (10 oz) ORTEGA® Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 9 ORTEGA® Flour Soft Tortillas
- 1 jar (16 oz) ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa, any variety
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic 4 minutes or until softened. Add ground beef and cook 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in taco seasoning and ¼ cup water. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
2. In microwave or small saucepan, heat refried beans and stir in remaining ¼ cup water to thin slightly.
3. Cut one tortilla in half and fit cut ends at either end of 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange two tortillas, slightly overlapping, to cover bottom. Layer 1/3 refried beans, 1/3 meat mixture and 1 can enchilada sauce. Repeat to make a second layer.
4. Repeat to make a third layer using salsa instead of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until lasagna is bubbling and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.